Wow who knew lamingtons were that easy to make!
I saw three steps and freaked but it was simple and fun to make.
Really looking forward to eating these with family later today with a smooth cup of coffee.
Wasteless Pantry ingredients:
500g (3.5 cups) Utility Cake Mix
400g (2 cups) icing sugar
20g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
165g (2 cups) desiccated coconut
Extra ingredients needed:
2 small eggs
200ml tepid water
1 Tbsp butter, softened
½ cup boiling water
- Mix cake mix with eggs and tepid water
- Bake in a wide thin pan at 170C until baked (approximately 30 mins)
- Sift icing mixture; add butter and boiling water. Stir until smooth.
- Place coconut into dish.
- Cut cake into pieces and dip each piece into icing.
- Toss in coconut.
- Place on a wire rack over baking tray (to catch drips).
- Stand 2 hours or until set.