We love seeing the wide variety of containers being used over and over, especially because they are just ordinary containers. Maccona jars, jam jars, random plastic tubs, empty formula tins, vintage Tupperware and all sorts of ordinary things that everyone has available to them. Please know that you and your containers don’t need to be Instagram-able to shop with us and to make a difference. Ordinary is okay. Ordinary is actually really great! Ordinary is what makes the world a better place. Pretty is nice, but totally unnecessary to improve things right now, today, in this moment. The most environmentally friendly thing you can use is something you already have. So bring out your ordinary and be your ordinary self. You’re in good company and we appreciate everything you are doing!
We have added even more products to our already comprehensive range:
- A new liquid deodorant is now in store! So, if you want to go refillable on your deodorant, we still have the great scoopable paste deodorant, as well as the new liquid one, along with containers for spray or roll on application.
- In response to quite a few requests we now have Carob Buttons (yum)
- A new 98% Fat-Free Tropical Muesli is proving popular – try some and let us know what you think…
- Dark Chocolate coated Goji Berries are so good – better get some before the team and I buy them all!
- Look out for Teff in a jar near our oils. These are smallest grain in the world and are great cooked into stews, as a porridge or even sprinkled raw over salads
- Lupin Flakes are also now available – check them out in our Gluten Free section
- and, in addition to our existing pasta range, we are trying out Lasagna sheets
And, great news! The stainless steel razors are here and wooden handled shaving brushes will be in store in time for Father’s day (wink, wink). And we are pleased to see that the newer stock has no plastic in the packaging.
I promised to share a link to the recipe for the delicious and easy-to-make vegan chocolate brownie we had on the night so here it is:
(This version wasn’t Gluten Free but I’m pretty confident you could substitute GF Flour.)
I also delivered a workshop at MOPS (Mothers of Pre Schoolers) in Mullaloo this month, talking about reducing waste, especially in the kitchen, and creating simple toilet fizzies. Thanks to all for the warm welcome and great feedback.
You may have already voted on Facebook for a showing of the movie 2040 at Warwick Grand in the week commencing 24th September so stay tuned for more updates on this…
Reusing beats recycling – let’s talk about jars …
We love being able to offer all our customers clean jars, free of charge, so thank you to everyone that has been donating clean, label free jars. We are thrilled to see fewer jars with labels being donated as it is very time consuming for us to be removing them in store. It takes us away from being able to keep goods as refilled as we would like and being able to spend more time making your time with us as enjoyable as possible. So thank you!!
Until next month..
All the best for continuing your waste reduction journey beyond the Plastic Free July challenge and remember we are happy to help where we can. See you in store soon!
Amelia & the team
Wasteless Pantry Greenwood