Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
from the Wasteless Pantry Mundaring Team
It has been an amazing year and we are so happy to be seeing the start of a shift to a low waste culture in WA! We are thankful, as always, for our great community who have supported us the whole way. It is wonderful to be making connections, feeling that belonging alongside other zero waste and plastic free enthusiasts (no matter your progress), and sharing all the tools we need to make this work.
As well as this, I am particularly mindful of how important it is to have the right people around you when you are trying to do big things (even by small steps). We are very lucky to be working with Lizzy, Jade, James, Emily, Belinda and Tessa. They have been the most reliable and supportive team I think I have ever had the privilege to work with. It almost seems that they go about their days looking for ways to make things easier for others and to think a few steps ahead of what the store needs!
Working with Jeannie on this store has been quite the journey! Developing this community has far exceeded any expectations or visions we originally had of what this could be. We are truly very lucky!
Sentimentality aside, there are a few things you might want to know …
- Opening hours: Aside from the public holidays we are open as per usual! That means we will be open Sun Dec 24th 11 am to 5 pm, closed 25th & 26th, open Wed 27th/Thurs 28th/Fri 29th 9 am to 5:30 pm, open Sat 30th 9 am to 5 pm, open Sun 31st 11 am to 5 pm, closed Jan 1st then open again Tues 2nd 9 am to 5:30 pm
- We are stocking zero waste hampers for those loved ones that want a gift. There are big ones and little ones, ones for women, ones for men, ones for coffee lovers, and zero waste starter kits!
- Aluminium and glass pump bottles are in stock and we now have a trigger spray attachment that fits these bottles too
- Masa flour for tortilla making is now available
- There are a bunch of different zero waste DIY dairy-free milk recipes on the recipe wall and we stock nut milk bags made from 100% hemp
- We have gift jars ready to go for last minute, “Oh no, I forgot [insert relative’s name] was coming too!” moments
- Gluten-free banana bread mix has been popular and we are getting great feedback about its versatility for a variety of cakes and slices.
- Who know’s what will happen in 2018 but we do have Pizza & Focaccia Bread Mix coming 🙂
Photo by Precision Focus