✅Vegan ✅Gluten-Free ✅Nut-free ✅Soy-free
– 1 tbs (7g) ground flax seeds
– 3 tbs (45ml) water
– 1/2 cup (45g) chickpea flour (besan flour)
– 1/2 cup (120ml) unsweetened plant-based milk
– 1 tbs (10g) nutritional yeast
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/8 tsp black pepper
– 1 tbs (15ml) olive oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground flax seeds and water, set aside to thicken up.
2. When the flaxseed has thickened (about 5 mins) add to a bowl with the chickpea flour, milk, nutritional yeast, onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper, mix until combined.
3. Heat up a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil, and when hot add about two tablespoons of the omelette mixture to create a small, thick omelette. When the omelette bubbles on the top flip and then cook until golden. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
4. Serve with your favourite breakfast toppings or sides. I have used mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, garnished with parsley.