One of our team members, Rachael, has been using this recipe for a few months and is really happy with the results!
This recipe makes 2 large pizzas, easily doubles for more dough.
- 1 Tbsp dry active yeast
- 1 1/4 cup warm water (divided)
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar (divided)
- 3 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Xanthum gum (optional for chewier base)
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a small bowl, combine yeast and 3/4 cup warm water. Leave to activate for 5 mins. Sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of the sugar a few mins in.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and remaining sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add yeast mixture, olive oil and additional 1/2 cup warm water. Combine well.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until no longer sticky.
- Divide, place both hunks onto reusable baking liner on pizza tray. Use hands to work dough from the middle to the edges or roll it pretty thin with rolling pin/empty jar.
- Pre-bake the crust for 20 minutes or until it looks dry.
- Remove from oven. The crust will be surprisingly hard at this stage. Cracks are normal and totally ok. Spread generously with sauce and desired toppings. Pop back in oven for another 15-20 minutes.