Want a little hand-made love with limited skills from ingredients you can get at Wasteless Pantry, your local plastic-free shop? How about Cinnamon Hearts?!
Valentine’s Day can be very commercial and consumeristic, but it doesn’t need to be. It is just another day in the year to show love to the people that matter the most to you and you can easily achieve that with low-waste ideas. Think consumable and compostable rather than collectible and you’ll be onto a winner!
- Try making your own card using recycled paper or reusing old cards to design something unique.
- Focus on time together, such as sharing a meal or going for a nature walk.
- Make something to give, such as these Cinnamon Hearts.
- Give their favourite unpackaged chocolates or other treats from our plastic-free shop.
- Wrap any gift you do give in something recycled or reusable rather than disposable.
So if you chose to make our Cinnamon Hearts, this may be the easiest gift to make yet!
You’ll need these ingredients from our bulk food stores:
200g pizza bread mix
1 tsp yeast
cinnamon powder & castor sugar to taste
Mix together to form a dough, roll out thin and then sprinkle over LOTS of cinnamon sugar (i.e. cinnamon and sugar to your taste) then roll the two long sides to meet in the centre. Slice 2cm pieces and pinch below the gathered rolls. Bake for 20 mins at 180C or until cooked through and slightly golden. Consume whilst warm for best results but still tasty when it cools ❤️