Happy New Year!
May this year be the one where you see that you are part of a whole community that cares about reducing waste, living well and making a difference. May you know in your bones that every action you take has an impact.
- We have had a major win at the store!! After a year of encouraging, supporting, directing and educating we have finally achieved access to recycling facilities for all businesses in the Mundaring Shopping Village! Up until this point businesses either looked after their own recycling or (more often than not) sent all of their recyclables to landfill. We are so pleased that Centre Management has come on board and we’ll be pushing for education sessions for local businesses to make the most of the new facilities. This is a big scale change and hopefully will make a big difference to the amount of landfill created by our area!
- We’re still getting through the Christmas wrapped toilet paper so expect to see green and red for a little while longer.
- We’ve almost exhausted our local supplies of Olive Oil from Wundowie and Wooroloo but we have another local one in the background ready to take its place
- There have been a number of requests for a larger glass pump/spray bottle but unfortunately, that particular model is as big as it gets. We are looking into alternatives for you all though so keep an eye out.
- With the trendiness of zero waste right now we are seeing more and more suppliers now offering us a range of goodies that we couldn’t access before. Look out for Sisal Knitted Exfoliating Gloves, Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottles (with a plastic-free lid no less!), coconut fibre Scourers, wooden Dish Wash Brushes and replacement heads, Stainless Steel Drinking Cups, Organic Muslin produce bags, Bamboo Cutlery Sets and coconut fibre scrub pads arriving shortly.
- Back to School preparations are underway and the range of naked lunch box alternatives are expanding. So if you need some inspiration, look no further.