Did you know that the bathroom is usually the second most wasteful room in the house? This month we have been working hard at giving you all the tools you need to change that, easily!
What’s been happening at the store?
- We got in more 15ml and 30ml aluminium tins, which are a much better size for our scoopable deodorants and lip balm. We’ve had a few community members freaking out about the cost of the deodorant after they filled a 150ml tin – which is about a years worth of deodorant!! Our bicarb free deodorant is only $3.90 for 30g so very affordable!
- Did you celebrate International Women’s Day? We were very pleased that this year the ‘luxury’ tax was removed from feminine hygiene products. This means that reusable menstrual cups and pads are even more cost-effective as well as a great way to reduce waste.
- We’re all stocked up ready for Easter with wooden refillable eggs, palm oil free and locally made milk or dark chocolate Easter eggs. The dark eggs are also dairy free so suitable for vegans! We have the large hollow as well as the small solid eggs again, depending on your preferences. We’ve tried to stock up enough but please be mindful that we sold out last year.
- The Family Hub Organics have created a luscious lightweight body lotion for us that you can grab refills of at your convenience. It contains organic ingredients, no palm oil, is vegan, and is available unscented or with a grapefruit scent depending on your preference. Their products are very gentle and suitable for the most sensitive skin.
- Sweet potato chips are back!! We finally found a supplier that doesn’t bake them in palm oil – yay!!
- Golden syrup is now available, just in time for Anzac biscuits 🙂
- Scented dog soap, as well as whitebait or kangaroo pet treats, are available too.
- We have lots of new bars including trial sizes of locally made, palm oil free shampoo bars, conditioner bars and Dishwashing Bars!
- We are trying out Birthday Bunting – you can buy, order one in custom colours or hire depending on your preferences.
- New stocks of unpaper towels have arrived in the cutest fabrics from our supplier who makes them here in WA.
- Jeannie and I are gearing up for lots of talks and workshops out in the community.
- We are also looking into shifting even more of our products to local suppliers. Did you know that well over 300 of our products are made in Australia and quite a few of those like our Sprayfree pecans and white quinoa are grown in WA?