No need for single-use ‘doggy’ bags when you can install your own EnsoPet pet waste composter and improve your soil too!
Bury the EnsoPet composter in the garden so just the lid is visible and the inside is free of soil. Use the tongs provided to drop your pets waste into the composter then sprinkle over the Ensopet starter bran. The micro-organisms do their magic breading down the waste quickly so that it should take months or years to completely fill (depends on the amount of waste your animals produce). If it does fill, cover over with soil and start again in a new location. Easy and hygienic.
Ensopet bokashi pet waste composting kit is suitable for many pets. For example, dog, cat, rabbit, guinea pig and many more.
The Full Details on How to Use Ensopet Pet Waste Composter
- Clip together the four sides to create a cylinder with no bottom.
- Dig a hole 40cm wide and 40cm deep away from edible plants.
- Place the EnsoPet poo composter in the hole and backfill with soil around the outside.
- Use the tongs to drop in your pet waste as needed and lightly sprinkle around 20g of starter bran per 100g waste (this is a rough guide, no need to weigh out your pets waste).
- Seal with the lid until you need to add more. Best if you are able to do this in small batches rather than a big load all in one go.
- The system needs to be kept moist so if it starts to dry out then add a little water when you are caring for your garden.
The micro-organisms remediate any pathogens in your pet waste as well as improving your soil. If you have large pets or particularly poor soil you may benefit from setting up two systems simultaneously. You can also add dry leaves, fine bark, spent potting mix to your composter if desired.
Now you should have the hang of your Ensopet Pet Waste composter. A similar style of system is available for your food waste too! Check out all the info about Bokashi Bins next!