These are perfect for a high tea or even just a cute little snack!
– 250g butter, softened
– 1/2 cup of caster sugar
– 3 cups of plain flour
– 1 tbs of dried flowers, we have used lavender & rose petals
1. Place butter and sugar into a bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on a medium speedier 5-7 mins or until it is light and creamy
2. Reduce the speed of the mixer and gradually add flour 1/2 a cup at a time. After the flour is all added mix for 30 seconds or until the mix looks like a dough.
3. Spoon the mixture onto a lightly floured bench and roll to form a ball
4. Roll the dough until it is ~5mm thick and cut into the desired shape with a cookie cutter. Put the shortbread on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle on dried flowers and lightly press them into the dough.
5. Bake for 10-12 mins @160C or until lightly golden