This deliciously healthy loaf is great for afternoon tea or even a breakfast on the go!
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 cups wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 cup each crushed macadamias, crushed walnuts, craisins (dried cranberries) & pepitas
2 granny smith apples (grated with skin on)
1. Preheat oven to 160C & grease 22 cm loaf tin.
2. Cream butter and sugars till pale. Add eggs, one
at a time, beating well between each.
3. Mix in flour, mixed spice, salt, milk & apple. 4. Fold in nuts, seeds and cranberries.
5. Place in loaf tin and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand in tin for 5 minutes before turning out on to wire rack to cool.
* This cake freezes very well; make two and freeze one for later to reduce oven use.