With goods from your favourite waste-free shop, Wasteless Pantry, you can make these terrifyingly delicious treats this Halloween. Source bulk foods unpackaged from us to make all your goodies plastic-free and waste-free. As the single-use plastic ban hasn’t reached food packaging yet, importantly, this is your chance to refuse plastic packaging by refilling your own containers or using our bulk food store online for delivery. As well as this, you will be able to buy in the quantities you need without wasting a thing.
To make these scary guys you’ll need:
– 226g (1cup) unsalted butter
– 1cup white sugar
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 2tsp baking powder
– ½tsp salt
– 3cups plain flour
-1.75cups icing sugar
– 3tbsp of any milk
– 1tsp vanilla extract
– ¼tsp salt
– matcha, charcoal & beetroot powder
1. Preheat oven to 175°C
2. In a mixer, beat butter & sugar until smooth
3. then beat in extract & egg
4. In a separate bowl combine baking powder, salt & flour. Slowly add to the mixer until combined
5. Divide in 2-3 chucks, and roll out on a floured surface until 1/4 of an inch thick (we want it to be the thicker side)
6. Bake for 6-8min & let cool on the sheet, until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack
7. Once completely cooled mix icing sugar, extract, milk & salt until smooth
8. Divide mixture into separate bowls, mixing with matcha, charcoal & beetroot powder, then put into piping bags & get decorating!
Need more inspiration for a plastic-free Halloween from our waste-free shop? Check out our tips on this blog.