This power-hit recipe is a great way to learn how to use bulk protein powder in something other than a smoothie! Whether you choose whey or pea protein powder from Wasteless Pantry (zero waste bulk food store Perth, Australia), you’ll be delighted with the results! Plus by getting your bulk food online or instore unpackaged, this recipe is waste free and plastic free as well. Buying wholefoods naked like this really helps the environment as well as your weight loss or weight management efforts too! Therefore, you really cant go wrong giving it a go.
Ingredients from WP:
– ½ cup protein powder
– 1tsp cinnamon
– 1cup rolled oats
– 2tbsp coconut oil
– ½cup almond butter
– ¼cup honey
– ½tsp vanilla extract
– 1tbsp water
– Sprinkle of salt
1. Pulse dry ingredients in a food processor blending for 1 minute, until oats are powdery and fine.
2. Add wet ingredients to the food processor blending for another 30 seconds, until the mixture is well combined.
3. Check the consistency – Fold some of the mixture in your hand; it should form a ball & not crumble. If the mixture is crumbly, add water and process again.
4. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with a baking liner, & press the protein bar mixture into the pan until smooth across the top. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, then chill for 2 hours (or freeze for 30 minutes).
5. Pull the bars out of the loaf pan, and cut them into 8 squares.
Keen for another protein powder recipe? Try our Vanilla Chai Protein Smoothie recipe next.