Creamy and cooling, this recipe uses bulk loose leaf tea package free from Wasteless Pantry (zero waste bulk food store in Perth, Australia) to create something amazing! Firstly, hibiscus tea is said to be high in antioxidants. Secondly, it is said to have a slightly tart flavour similar to cranberries. Therefore when you mix it with creamy coconut milk and a little sugar you get this delightful drink perfect for Summer days. As an added bonus, it can be made without waste if you shop for bulk food online or in-store via Wasteless Pantry.
Ingredients from Wasteless Pantry:
– 5 tsp hibiscus tea
– 3 tbsp sugar
– 2-1/2 cups milk (any type, we used our coconut milk powder)
– 5 cups of water
1. Bring the 5 cups of water to a boil
2. Steep the hibiscus tea for 5 minutes
3. While it’s still hot mix in sugar, mixing until dissolved
4. Remove hibiscus tea leaves & let chill in the fridge
5. Once cooled add milk and ice, it’s now ready to serve (serves 5)
Loved this recipe and need more inspiration? Then try our Matcha Iced Latte recipe next! Alternatively, check out our wide range of other bulk loose leaf tea options. As well as this we have tea strainers, teapots, espresso makers, and plungers to try. In short, enjoying a waste-free beverage is easy to achieve and your compost will love the leftovers! In addition, you can even add them to your worm farm or topsoil without worry as there is no smell.