Imagine biting into a delicious hedgehog slice made with gluten free bulk wholefoods with no packaging waste! That’s what you have to look forward to if you make this recipe with ingredients you buy from Wasteless Pantry, either refilled in-store or delivered to your home when ordered online. Above all, our zero waste bulk food stores make it easy peasy to go plastic free, therefore, no need for single-use packaging to eat well! In other words, Wasteless Pantry is your go to for trying out recipes just like this. After you’ve tried this one, you can always check out our blog for inspiration and other recipes made from gluten free bulk wholefoods. We certainly hope you enjoy it!
Makes: 16 bars
Ingredients from WP:
– ¼ cup organic coconut cream (made from our powder)
– 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
– 2 cups Gluten-Free Muesli (a few options in the store)
– ½ cup desiccated coconut, plus 2 tbsp extra
– ¼ cup shelled salted pistachios
Extra pistachios, cranberries & macadamias, to top
1. Line a square 20cm slice tin with a reusable baking liner
2. Bring the coconut cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat & add the chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is glossy & melted.
3. Place the Gluten-Free Muesli, ½ cup desiccated coconut & pistachios in a large bowl, mixing well
4. Add ½ the melted chocolate & stir to combine.
5. Spoon the mixture over the base of the tin, pressing gently into the corners.
6. Combine the remaining desiccated coconut & melted chocolate, then pour over the slice and spread evenly.
7. Top with extra pistachios, cranberries & macadamias.
8. Refrigerate overnight or until firm then turn onto a board & cut into 16 squares