I’ve been recommended this recipe separately by two different staff members, so it must be good! It is especially good for curly hair and leaves the hair soft, smooth and smelling lovely.
Mix together 1/4 cup linseed (flaxseed) with 2 cups water. Heat in a pot until it comes to the boil (keep stirring to prevent the seeds sticking to the bottom). Turn the heat down once it starts to froth and let it continue to simmer until you reach the desired gel thickness (you don’t want it too runny or too thick). Once ready put a sieve or stocking over a container to strain out the seeds from the gel (the seeds are still good to use in your cooking or sprinkled on cereal!). Store the gel in the fridge as is, or you can add any of the following for added shine, body and fragrance: 1 tsp vitamin E oil, few drops of lavender, rosemary, tea tree essential oils (or your favourite fragrance), glycerin, macadamia oil. It can also be thinned out with water and put into an atomiser bottle for easy spritzing.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/ingredients/the-best-diy-flax-seed-hair-gel-recipe-ever
- We have found a new supplier of local WA Wildflower honey to tide us over until our regular supplier gets his bees back to work! We still also have the red gum honey as per usual.
- We have added a number of new beauty products and ingredients to our existing stocks – rosehip oil, lemon essential oil, rosewater, magnesium salt flakes, avocado oil, aloe vera gel, stainless steel razors & shaving brushes, liquid deodorant plus atomiser bottles and roll-on bottles if you need something to help apply it.
- Along with our Agreena silicone wraps and beeswax wraps, we have added fabric and silicone food wraps to help with your transition away from cling wrap.
- Other new products in store now: hibiscus tea, stevia powder, rice wine vinegar, cinnamon sugar, 98% fat free tropical muesli.
We have you covered for Father’s Day ideas, with gift vouchers, shaving kits, lollies and snacks, Dude Rock soaps, water bottles and insulated coffee mugs, and a range of teas and coffees.
In Store Recycling Changes
Please be aware that we are no longer collecting beauty product packaging for recycling as Terracycle no longer collects these items. We are still accepting donations of the following, but please make sure to separate them before dropping off – putting them all into a single bin here in store just contaminates the recycling stream.
- Plastic bottle tops (e.g. milk bottle tops)
- Aluminium ring pulls
- Oral care products
- Printer cartridges